Monday, March 16, 2009

Lacrosse

It was raining; a constant drizzle as both teams took the field. My coach put me in for attack, also being offense. I was not ready; truth be told I did not want to play. No adrenalin was pumping through my veins. Plus I had been counting on our game being canceled. Nope.
We took our positions. The refs prepared themselves for the draw. I was soaked to the bone. The male referee blew his whistle and the game began.
Decatur scored the first goal within two minutes. I believed it would be an easy game; if we kept driving the ball to goal, we'd so dominate. Riverwood, however, made a come back with two goals. I finally felt my face burn; it was on.
Blue (Riverwood) asked for a time out. As the teams ran off the turf field, I unzipped my rain jacket that I had under my uniform, and threw It on the ground. I was ready to kick some ass. Refs blew their whistles, indicating that we had to get back on the field. Zahra called the team over, and on the count of three we shouted domination.
We won with the final score being 7 to 8. The other teams' faces were fuming.

No comments: